If you don’t know what the error DPC Watchdog violation on Windows 10 is, you have come to the right place. We will guide you through a step-by-step process to fix a DPC Watchdog violation error on your Windows computer. DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Calls and Watchdog refers back to the bug checker integrated into your process. The core purpose of the Watchdog feature is to watch and monitor your home windows programs and your device’s efficiency.
If you are continually seeing DPC Watchdog errors on your computer and are getting frustrated by the reboots interrupting your work, there are a few troubleshooting options that you can try. In this guide, we are going to share some of the best and easiest ways to repair a DPC Watchdog violation error on Windows 10.
If you happen to utilize Windows, specifically Windows 8/8.1 and home Windows 10, you might have seen the DPC Watchdog violation error. It has been one of the vital, common problems inside the home Windows system. Because so many users search for help in addressing the DPC Watchdog violation error, we have decided to make this guide for you.
Methods for How to Fix a DPC Watchdog Violation, Windows 10
Follow the methods below to fix a DPC Watchdog violation error on Windows 10.
Also, Read Why is My Computer So Slow
Method 1: UPDATE CHIPSET DRIVER
- First, press the Windows logo key and X key at the same time.
- Now, click on “Device Manager” from the list that appears.
- Locate the “IDE ATA/ATAPI” controller option and select it to expand it.
- Right-click on “SATA ACHI” controller and click “Properties”.
- To verify that you’ve chosen the correct controller: go to the “Driver” tab and click “Driver Details”.
- If “sys” is listed in the Driver Details, then move on to method 2.
- However, should you see “sys” listed as a driver, then proceed with this procedure; click on “OK” to exit the driving force small print.
- Now, click “Driver” and then “Update Driver”.
- Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Then click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- Restart your computer after you complete the process for the change to take effect.
Method 2: Update Driver
- First, press the Windows logo key and E key at the same time.
- You can choose “computer”/”my computer”/”this PC” from the desktop.
- Right-click to open it. Choose the “Manage” option.
- In the pop-up window, select the “device manager” alternative present on the left side.
- Choose “SSD”.
- Note down the important details including the model number and related details.
- Consult with the company’s internet site and download updates wanted for the SSD.
Also, Read WMI Provider Host High CPU
Method 3: Using CHKDSK Command
- On risk-free mode, boot open command prompt as an administrator.
- Type “chkdsk.exe/f/r” and press Enter to execute the command.
- Press the Y key to request the time table to run the disk checking process on the next restart.
- Save your work and restart windows.
- It will check the disk drive for errors and try to recover them.
- After the scanning process is 100% complete, the system normally starts without any BSOD error.
Method 4: Run System File Checker
- Open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type “SFC/scannow” and press the Enter key to start the scanning system.
- For the period of the system scanning, the SFC utility scan for corrupted lacking method records if discovered and will replace them with a healthy one from %WinDirpercentSystem32dllcache.
- Restart home windows after the scanning process is 100% complete and verify that this has helped.
Encountering the blue screen of loss of life on reboot because of the DPC Watchdog violation is the main crisis for home windows. If the system crashes, the only alternative is to restart the pc, losing the entire unsaved sensitive information you may have been working on.
The error regularly occurs as a result of out-of-date or wrongly mounted drivers and incompatible hardware. You can certainly not predict the prevalence of a procedure crash because even the slightest command can set off the BSOD.
We hope you understand the methods above and that they are helpful for you. These are the best ways to troubleshoot a DPC Watchdog violation on Windows. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment box. Share this guide with your friends, family and coworkers to help them avoid this error.